INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
This information is intended to address common questions and assist applicants with East Tennessee Foundation’s scholarship application process.
Please contact Beth Heller (email@example.com), Vice President for Scholarship Programs or Rachel Cosby (firstname.lastname@example.org), Program Officer at East Tennessee Foundation to answer addition questions or for more information.
How to Apply for East Tennessee Foundation Scholarships
- Carefully read the Guide to Completing Your ETF Scholarship Application.
- All ETF applications are completed online, except the Tennessee Judicial Conference Fund Scholarships.
- Click the Apply Now link below to access the applications.
- Applications may be completed in a single sitting or saved as a draft and finished later. Save your draft applications regularly as you work to avoid loss of data.
- Submit your application(s) before the deadline.
START THE APPLICATION PROCESS HERE
- The Common Application is used for 71 of our scholarship opportunities.
- Completing the Common Application is the first step to applying for our scholarships.
- Based on your answers to eligibility questions in our Common Application, you will see a list of East Tennessee Foundation (ETF) scholarships for which you are eligible to apply.
- You will then need to answer additional questions in order to complete the applications for the specific scholarships listed.
- If after completing the Common Application, you believe you should have been eligible for additional scholarships, contact Beth Heller (email@example.com) or Rachel Cosby (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Tips for applicants
- Consider your answers to be your way of introducing yourself to the reviewers.
- Take your time! You have the ability to logout and login as you please. Be sure to save your draft applications when you logout to avoid loss of data!
- Give yourself enough time to complete the applications without having to rush.
- Read through all your answers before you choose submit. Look for spelling errors, incomplete sentences, see that all your documents uploaded correctly, and watch for answers that have too many characters.
- Please see our Scholarship FAQs page to answer common questions, and for other resources that might be useful to you as you apply.
- To upload attachments to an application, follow directions in the Guide to Completing Your ETF Scholarship Application. Be sure to save your application each time you upload documents, and always double check to make sure all your documents uploaded correctly.
Student Aid Report (SAR)
- The Student Aid Report (SAR) is sent to students who have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Click here to see an example SAR. The information you report on your FAFSA is used to calculate your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), which appears in the upper right-hand corner of the first page of your SAR.
The FAFSA for 2023 is available at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
If you are not eligible to submit a FAFSA due to citizenship or immigration status, you may still apply for many of our scholarships! Please contact Beth Heller at email@example.com with any questions.
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION
If you are asked for a Letter of Recommendation, follow directions in the Guide to Completing Your ETF Scholarship Application. Letters of Recommendation submitted for your application are uploaded directly from your recommender.
An Application Is Ready To Submit When:
- All required questions/fields have been completed;
- All required attachments have been uploaded; and
- If applicable, required contact information for the Letter of Recommendation has been entered and the email sent.
- Note that while you may submit your application before your Letter of Recommendation is uploaded, your application is not complete until your letter has been received.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Scholarship award amounts listed on our website are subject to change.
Seven additional individual scholarships require separate stand-alone applications:
- Howard H. Baker Medical Scholarship: for medical students
- Steven L. Coffey Middle College Memorial Scholarship: for high school students in Roane State Community College’s Middle College program
- Candace Mast Veterinary Medicine Scholarship: for veterinary students
- Spenser F. Powell Memorial Law Scholarship: for law students
- Randall Stout Memorial Scholarship: for architecture students
- Haley Elise Van Pelt Scholarship: for intellectually or developmentally disabled students to attend inclusive post-secondary programs
- Oak Ridge Rotary Club Brad Sturm Memorial Essay Contest: for graduating high school seniors of Oak Ridge High School
If after reviewing the scholarship descriptions you would like to apply for these scholarships, you must complete and submit the corresponding application. Review the Guide to Completing Your ETF Scholarship Application.
Contact Beth Heller (firstname.lastname@example.org), Vice President for Scholarship Programs or Rachel Cosby (email@example.com), Program Officer at East Tennessee Foundation.